Stop paying for fire starters. You can make all the fire starters you need for practically free.
- Dryer Lint
- Cardboard Egg Cartons
- Candle Wax (old candles work great)
- Fill each cup of the egg carton with dryer lint.
- Melt the wax in a double boiler.
- Pour the wax over top of the lint.
- Allow the wax to cool and harden. Then, cut the egg carton up to create 12 fire starters.
To use: Simply place a fire starter in your fireplace or pit with your kindling and light. The wax will keep the starter going long enough to ignite your kindling.
- Be sure to cover your work surface, before you start.
- You can use sawdust from non-pressure-treated wood in place of the dryer lint, or you can use broken crayons in place of candle wax. There are so many ways!